TS – The right solution for every application
The new class for temperature measurement: The TS series with TSB (compact version) and TSM (mini version) is now complete for food and pharmaceutical applications
29 Jul 2021
With its flexibility and performance, the TS sensor series, as a further development of the successful TFP series with its almost proverbial reliability and durability, sets new standards in temperature measurement. After the introduction of the mini version TSM, users were enthusiastic about the simple configuration, the problem-free commissioning, and the new functions based on the flex-hybrid technology with digital and analogue data transmission
Now the compact version TSB follows with even more variants, application possibilities and options, such as
- Dual Pt100: The dual RTD sensor enables dual, parallel measurement and thus self-monitoring of the sensor performance. This is just one option among many combinations of single and dual RTD, type Pt100 or Pt1000, and accuracy class A, AA, or AAA
- LCD display: The sensor head can be equipped with an easy-to-read LCD display for optimised on-site display, and can also be oriented horizontally or vertically
- Choice of 0, 1 or 2 transmitters: The right solution for every PLC connection
- CLEANadapt with PEEK sealing edge: this new hygienic screw process connection is based on the excellent experience of the CLEANadapt metal-to-metal solutions. The new sealing zone made of highly resistant PEEK has already been 3-A approved
The Flex Hybrid technology with IO-Link and 4...20 mA
combines the best of both worlds: Data can be transmitted from the sensor in digital or analogue mode
- Flexible communication with plug and play saves time and money during installation and commissioning
- Simple individual programming with IO-Link master, e.g. for changing the measuring range or for two-point adjustment using zero point and slope. The USB - IO-Link Master IOM-01 is available as an accessory
- Sensor replacement is easier than ever before thanks to the "Smart Replace Design" with automatic sensor identification, configuration and parameterisation via IO-Link
With further improved product performance, TSB is the new benchmark for temperature:
- Extended process temperature range: -200...400°C, configurable in three steps.
- Greatly improved measuring accuracy: < ±0.1 K
- Higher ambient temperature resistance: 90 °C
- One-piece design completely in stainless steel: lasting stability and application safety
The freely configurable modular concept allows you to assemble your individual desired sensor in just a few steps. At the same time, the TS series is fully backwards compatible, both mechanically and electrically, and can thus replace any existing TFP sensor without modifications. TS thus offers a suitable solution for every application:
- For new equipment, the modular design together with the Flex-Hybrid technology means maximum flexibility and future-proof set-up for every application
- For retrofitting, TS can replace any TFP sensor in existing systems - with all the additional advantages
- For the replacement of third-party devices, a suitable model is always possible due to the large selection of process adaptations and maximum flexibility in configuration
Thanks to the wide range of variants in each of the 5 configuration levels, almost all requirements in food or pharmaceutical applications can be realised:
- The flush version, for example, is ideal for installation in containers with agitators or other mechanical devices and enables hygienic pig cleaning in pipes
- A thermowell allows the sensor to be removed without opening the process. The suitable process adaptation can be welded in, screwed in, or installed as a clamp connection by means of an adapter. During operation and without the risk of contamination, the TS can be removed or replaced at any time for testing or adjustment
- Sensor tips in various diameters and lengths from 0 to 2000 mm allow very specific adaptation to the respective installation conditions and very short response times required for process control
- The huge selection of process adapters for screw and clamp connections allows the TS to be installed on almost any existing process fitting
- In the further configuration stages, a choice can be made from different spacers for adaptation to ambient temperatures, a sensor head with or without transmitter and a selection of electrical connections with protection class IP 69K
The “heart” of the TS temperature sensor, the two-wire input Flex-Hybrid transmitter TTB, is also available as a separate device. It converts the temperature signal of any resistance thermometer into a scaled analog and digital signal (IO-Link and 4...20 mA) proportional to the temperature. The module can be integrated directly into the connecting head of a temperature sensor like TSB series or third-party devices with a DIN B Housing. By mounting the transmitter directly at the point of measurement no additional converter in the PLC is necessary, providing low installation costs, uncomplicated wiring, and high noise immunity.
Click here to get all infos on TSBF for Food Applications.
Click here to get all infos on TSBP for Pharma Applications.
13 Sep 2021
By using the high quality EL Pressure Gauge, BAMUL Dairy was able to avoid diaphragm ...
29 Jul 2021
The new class for temperature measurement: The TS series with TSB (compact version) and TSM (...
23 Jun 2021
The solution for temperature control in mixing tanks with viscous media: Front flush sensor TSM...
11 May 2021
In many applications, weighing systems for level detection offer a more practical and precise solution ...
5 May 2021
Our quality promise: 5 year extended warranty at no extra charge for our conductivity meter ...
22 Feb 2021
FMQ has everything you really need for precise flow measurement. Now with IO-Link....
13 Nov 2020
P42 with IO-Link rounds off the sensor range for pressure and level measurement ...
29 Oct 2020
You thought that an Anderson-Negele temperature gauge could not be made better? Then let us ...
26 Oct 2020
How to optimize the inline blending process, ensure product quality and save costs: Juice and ...
15 Sep 2020
Wine filtration with ITM-4: How to ensure consistent wine quality and improve process efficiency with ...